Acas publishes guidance for employers on overtimeSource: ACAS | | 01/07/2018
Acas has published new guidance for employers on overtime. The guidance highlights the importance of setting out overtime terms in employment contracts or staff handbooks and urges employers to keep detailed records of the amount of overtime worked and how much time off in lieu has been taken.
The guidance covers:
- The different types of overtime, i.e. voluntary, compulsory guaranteed and compulsory non-guaranteed overtime
- Working time limits on overtime
- Pay when working overtime
- Overtime for part-time workers
- The impact of overtime on holiday calculations.